Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Salad days

This summer for the first time we're offering produce boxes for campers based on what's in season in my garden.  This time last year we were eating broad beans and peas but the snow put paid to my overwintering seedlings, but we've just started cropping, radishes, spring onions, lettuce, rocket and a abundance of herbs.

Last week a dear friend died suddenly and unexpectedly and I've been taking real solace over the past few days sitting in my new greenhouse and tending to the fragile seedlings, planting new seeds in rows and pots.

While the rest of the country seems to have had a washout bank holiday I'm happy to report that, bar a downpour on Saturday night, we were blessed with steady sunshine and blue skies all the way.  All the better to spend time in the garden, losing myself in the steady work of bringing in the summer crops.

No comments:

Post a Comment